Total Pageviews

Thursday 13 August 2009

Black Rabbit Summer

Black Rabbit Summer by Kevin Brooks

This book was about a sixteen year old boy who is quite shy and doesn't go out with is mates much. When he is invited to go to the fair that is in town with a couple of old mates he decides to go but only if Raymond, who every one thinks is an idiot, when they get to the fair there are disastrous consequences including Raymond being lost, alcohol and drugs. I think this shows modern day Britain and many other countries as quite a lot of teenagers are illegally getting drugs and alcohol and are using it. I think it is quite lifelike as well and that is what I like about a book that's trying to make a novel set in the modern day. I am giving it 8/10.


MB


This book surprised me greatly. I was not sure I would enjoy it. However I must admit once I got into it I found it was hard to put down. The story revolves around a group of friends and a hot summer before they all move on to different schools following their GCSEs. They have grown apart already but get together when the fair is in town to have a last party in their old den. However the subject matter gets quite dark and moody and there are a number of disappearances. The story deals with a lot of issues regarding teenage sexuality, drinking and drugs. There is also a wistfulness about moving from childhood into the adult world. I highly recommend this story and give it an 8 out of 10

JB

Overall 8/10



No comments:

Post a Comment