Total Pageviews

Friday 25 September 2009

Eagle Strike


Eagle Strike by Anthony Horowitz


Fourth in the Alex Rider series.

Alex is getting his first holiday in peace. Every thing is going well. Until his dad's assassin walks right under Alex's nose and he wants to know why. Later that day, his apartment with his best friend's dad inside is bombed and Alex is suspicious. For the first time, Alex is going to be a spy without MI6's help or permission. I enjoyed this book just as enjoyed the last of Anthony Horowitz's books. I like this one especially because it has a twist that set the plot up a bit. All of the other books have MI6 wanting Alex whereas now Alex wants MI6. I especially like the end and how he only just survives. Whilst reading this book, I noticed that the setting on the plane was a lot like the one in the Skeleton Key book. Overall I am giving this 8/10


MB

Alex Rider delivers the goods again. I have to admit I am really enjoying his series of books. Anthony Horowitz has out James Bonded James Bond. If that makes any sense. The character continues to grow in depth and as one gets through the stories it is clear that Alex is a deeply troubled child. In this story as described by Matthew the plot gets thicker and darker. I recommend these stories as they are enjoyable romps through the world in search of danger and spies. I give this story an 8/10

Overall 8/10

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment