Total Pageviews

Monday 18 January 2010

Nemesis


Nemesis by Catherine MacPhail.
First book in the Nemesis series.

Ram wakes up in a council flat corridor with no memory of how he has got there or who he is. He moves down the corridor and to the lift. But when it opens there is a man lying there with blood all over him. He trys to say something to Ram but it is too late. The man is dead. Ram is now a murder suspect and he is on the run. He doesn't have anywhere to go and no-one to trust. He also needs to prove his innocence before the Police can arrest him but it will be hard. In the shadows, someone is watching. I read this book whilst I was on holiday in France. It took two days to read and I enjoyed every minute of it. I enjoyed the bit where he is hiding in the attic of a school and he scares three kids away that are around a year older than him by dressing up as a ghost. There are three more books in this series but I don't think I need to read them. I thought that this book was enough even if he does find out his identity in the next couple of books. Overall I am giving it 7/10.
MB

This was a very interesting read and a very interesting style of writting.  The narrative switches between the various characters.  The style also changes from first to second and even third person.  The story moves along at a cracking pace, with a lovely twist to the tail at the end.  Don't worry I wont spoil it for you.  I recomend this read as it is well scrpited and well thought out.  I agree that as a story it stands alone, however it has been developed into a series which continue the story of Ram and the discovery of who he is.  I give this an 8/10
JB


Overall 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment