Total Pageviews

Monday 18 January 2010

Ark Angel



Ark Angel by Anthony Horowitz
Sixth book in the Alex Rider series.

Alex Rider wakes up in hospital after being shot by Scorpia in his last adventure. This isn't any old NHS hospital though, this is a private one where millionaires go to be treated. The staff are kept quiet and the place has guards. Except for one night. This night is the night that four armed killers break into the hospital and attempt to kidnap the son of Drevin, a billionaire who is launching the first space hotel in a few wekks time. Alex steps in and gets kidnapped. They then attempt to murder him but he escapes. Drevin is pleased with him, he takes him on holiday to his mansion in England, then to his flat in Miami and then to Flamingo Bay where the launch is taking place. This is when it all starts to go wrong. The Alex Rider Books are brilliantluy written each time and i enjoyed this all the same. I liked how it continues off from the last book. In the last book he was shot which made you want to read the next book. Overall I am giving this a 8/10.

MB


I as usual enjoyed this romp through the experiences of a teenage secret agent.  Even for Alex Rider however this story does go a little bit OTT.  The style is comfortable and easy to read and keeps the reader fully emersed in the story.  Alex Rider again is a child who is underestimated by the adults he meets and as usual comes out on top.  I must admit that this series goes from strength to strength.  I also feel that the author is becomming even more comfortable with this character.  I wonder what he thinks now about the first book in the Alex rider series now and if he would write it any differently?  I am looking forward to the next installment which MB has already read and is by the side of my bed for me to read.


I give this an 8/10



JB


Overall 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment