Total Pageviews

Monday 4 May 2009

Wolf Brother




Wolf Brother by Michelle Paver

First book in the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness

This book is about a boy called Torak who's father gets killed by a demon bear before he can teach him what to do in the wild. Torak flees finding a wolf cub who's pack has been drowned by a flood. They become pack brothers and set forth towards the 'Mountain of the World Spirit' as this is the only way to kill the bear. But there are many dangers in the forest. Such as enemy clans and the bear itself. I like this style of writing and thought it was amazing how it kept you on your toes. It explained the characters really well. It made me feel like I was actually in the forest. I really liked this book and I am giving it 10/10! It was one of the best books I have ever read.

MB

I read this story whilst on Holiday in Scotland. I have to admit I really enjoyed it nd found the story to be both harrowing at times and uplifting in others. It follows the story of a boy whose father dies following a bear attack. They live on their own in the forest and have littl contact with the other clans of people who live in the region. He adopts a wolf cub who has lost his family in a flood and they find friendship and discover new enemies together. The boy has to grow up quickly and it is clear that he has a preordained destiny to fight the bear who is inhabited by a bad spirit. The story is well written and in a clear and distinct style. Like matthew I think this book is brilliant however I am nervous about reading any other in the series as they will have a lot to live up to. 10/10
Let us know what you thought of this book if you have read it. Overall we gave it a 10/10

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment