Total Pageviews

Friday 8 May 2009

Antidote


Antidote by Malorie Blackman


This book is about a boy called Elliot who wishes his mum had a more exciting job than a secretary. The next day two police men approach the house to inform Elliot that his mum is on the run after attempting to break into a research laboratory. Elliot has to find out if his mum really is a criminal and how to meet up with her in secret. I liked the style of writing as it was like a diary until about three quarters of the way through the book where it became the present time. I enjoyed this book and I am hoping to read more of Malorie Blackman's books. I am giving it a 9/10.
MB
Antidote is the name of the pressure group that Elliott's mother was working for. This story was well written and presented in a style that keeps the reader turning the pages. The story of the child who's mother is on the run from the police and the trials and tribulations he has to deal with while she is missing was quite compelling. I was however disappointed by the ending which I found to be an anticlimax. This however does not detract too much from the package as a whole. I recommend this story. It must be noted that I was reading this in the Hairdressers while Matthew had his hair styled and the stylist recommended this author.
I give this story a 7/10
JB
Total of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment