Total Pageviews

Thursday 16 April 2009

Point Blanc



Point Blanc by Anthony Horowitz

Second book in the Alex Rider Series.

This book is one that keeps you on your toes. I wouldn't say that it was better than the last one but it was still good. It is about this spy Alex Rider who is sent on a mission to Point Blanc Acadamy up in the Alps. First though they have to make him look rich and misbehaving for them to take him in. Once in, he finds more things there than there are meant to be in an Acadamy and how do the bad boys become good over night? Alex has to find all this out and stay alive. I am giving this a 6/10.
MB

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. This is the second in the series by Anthony Horowitz. Alex Rider the tenage spy used by MI6 is again in hot water or should I say in a school high in the Alps. Again he is pitted against a villain straight out of the 1970's James Bond era who has a streak of insanity in him. This story also raises contemporary issues around the ethics of cloning and how it could be used with criminal intent. The story focuses around the beahviour of children who live spoilt lives and how this is used to the advantage of the villain. I recomend this book highly and I think that the writer has grown in confidence with the character and the plots. I thought it was a far better book than the first in the series which I know Matt diasagrees with. the plot and the story were more closely intertwinned and I felt it was a more complete story. It was interesting though that the last Charlie Higgson Young James Bond story also was based in the alps. Perhaps both authors are influencing each other. I give this an 8/10
JB


Overall 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment