Total Pageviews

Thursday 16 April 2009

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix





Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling



Fifth book in the Harry Potter series.



I enjoyed this book as much as have enjoyed all the rest of the Harry Potter books. Harry Potter just turned fifteen is now multitasking at school. Revising and doing homework before exams and mentally fighting his new defence against the dark arts teacher, 'Professor Umbridge,' who works for the Ministry of Magic. To top this all off, Dumbledore is ignoring him. Eventually 'Umbridge' becomes so powerful in the school that she and the Minister of Magic attempt to arrest Dumbledore. They fail miserably. Dumbledore flees leaving Hogwarts in the hands of Umbridge. Harry then goes to the Ministry of Magic to attempt to rescue his Godfather, Sirius Black. He then realises Voldermort has tricked him into getting caught in the Ministry of Magic. I found this book funny and kept me on the edge of my seat although the writing was very small and there were 766 pages. Overall, I give it 9/10.

MB


I did enjoy this story. J K Rowling is not known for her literary genius however the story she weaves leads you through so many mixed emotions. The books in the series continue to get thicker and thicker and this is a large book and quite daunting. Since reading the book I have seen the film which again was enjoyable. I have to admit though I do find the books far more satisfying and the descriptions are good and the emotion that comes across on the page gets you fully involved in the story. It is also interesting that JK manages to get the fact that Harry is growing up across and we have a more mature Harry battling he who must not be mentioned. I recommend this book and the series. I give this a 7/10

JB

Overall 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment