Total Pageviews

Sunday 18 April 2010

Brisingr


Brisingr by Christopher Paolini.
Third book in the Inheritance series.

This book by the Italien writer Christopher Paolini was a very amzing book. I liked the style, the story, and the way the characters behave and interacted with each other. I believe that the way the humans act towards the Kull is much like the way humans would in a real life situation. This was a very big book with over seven hundred pages and a few diiferent parts. They included Eragon rescuing his brother's beloved, going back to Farthern Dur to prompt the dwarves in making a decision on who should be their new king, the journey to Ellesmera where he gets more tuition and then an attack on a city controlled by The Empire. There is one more book in this series which I am really looking forward to reading and will sadly end the Inheritance series. I am giving this book 9/10.
MB

The story of the boy who found a dragons egg which hatched for him and turned him from a lowly farmboy to a famed Dragon Rider continues.  In this the third installment from this young writer who is able to weave three or four threads of the story together at the same time.  In this the story follows the Cousin of Eragon known as Stronghammer and his ascent as a leader of men.  As fanatasy stoires go this is a good example of the Genre with a well though out plot and a gripping story.  I am suprised that the story will now continue into a fourth book as I was under the impression that it ws going to be a trilogy.  I hope the author does not make the mistake of continuing into a fifth and sixth book as I feel that this would be a case of milking the success of this story.  I would like to see the author stretch his obvious talent in another direction. I give this an 8 out of 10
JB

Overall 8.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment