Total Pageviews

Wednesday 24 June 2009

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows




Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling.
The seventh and final book in the Harry Potter series.

I came to this book straight from the 6th volume. While I had enjoyed the 6th book (The Half Blood Prince) I had come away with a certain unsatisfied feeling. The 7th book however carries the story on almost straight from where the last left off. This book is very different with the threads sown in all of the other stories pulled together. It moves at a fairly cracking pace to begin with and then seems to slow with some jolts and quickening of the pace at times one does not expect. Potter fans will not be disappointed (although true potter fans will have already read this volume). Having read three of the books so close to each other I have really got into the story. I won't spoil it for you but the ending is dramatic and leaves it open for further stories? I will let you decide, however JK has made it clear that this is her last outing for the boy wizard now that he is an adult. Who knows but I am sure that there will be further tales (not all from China) of Harry Potter in the adult world. Now that is a scary thought..... I am giving it a 7/10.
JB

The seventh book in the Harry Potter series is around the longest and deepest book of them all. After being transported from Privit Drive to The Burrow by The Order of the Phoenix, Harry does not go back to Hogwarts. During Bill and Fleurs wedding Voldemort takes over the Ministry making Harry Ron and Hermione flee and go into hiding. But they can't stay in hiding for long. Harry has a mission to destroy the Horcruxes and defeat Voldemort. But another story has stepped out in front of them. The Deathly Hallows. I found this book really enjoying and though there were 600 odd pages in the book, I finished it in three days which was quite an accomplishment. (This was during our holiday in France where I managed to finish six books.) This book will also be made into two separate films unlike all the rest of the books that were just one film. This just proves how deep it is. I am giving it 9/10.

MB

Overall 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment