Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 March 2009

Grk and the Pelotti Gang



Grk and the Pelotti Gang by Joshua Doder


Third book in the Grk series.


I liked this book but didn't love it. It was about a dog called Grk, two boys called Timothy and Max and a girl called Natasha. (In the first book Grk was found by Tim and then they rescued Max and Natascha from a prison cell. Natascha is Max's sister.) They all find out that a gang of criminals have made it out of jail. The kids decides to go to Rio de Janeiro with Grk and catch the Pelottis. They find out that Tim's parents know where they went and quickly follow them. They are soon found by the police and they stay for a few days. Tim then goes out to have a walk but gets lost. He is then mugged and kidnapped by two street rats who are younger than he is but one has a gun. I liked this book because I like the characters and the plot but I have read better books and the first and second Grk books were better than this one. I am giving it 6 out of 10.

MB



I Enjoyed this book. This is the third one I have read and I must admit it follows a fairly similar formula. Tim and Grk end up on an adventure and stumble across the pelotti gang in Brazil. They go to Brazil because Max and Natascha's father helped capture the gang in the past and it is a matter of family honour to them. Tim helps his adopted brother and sister and Grk just goes along for the ride. It is entertaining and a light read and can easily be consumed in a few hours. I recommedn this book for younger readers as it is exciting and keeps a good pace throughout with some interesting twists and turns.

I give this book 5 out of 10


A total of 5 and a half out of 10


JB

No comments:

Post a Comment